The Journal of International Students (JIS) is a quarterly publication on international education. JIS is an academic, interdisciplinary, and peer-reviewed publication (Print ISSN 2162-3104 & Online ISSN 2166-3750) on international student affairs. The journal publishes narrative, theoretical, and empirically-based research articles, student and faculty reflections, study abroad experiences, and book reviews relevant to international students and their cross-cultural experiences and understanding in international education.
The journal encourages the submission of manuscripts from around the world from a wide-range of academic fields, including international education, comparative education, student affairs, linguistics, psychology, sociology, philosophy, international business, social work, and cultural studies. The journal publishes articles on topics in international education including:
• Trends and issues of international student and scholar mobility
• Cross-cultural studies (adjustment, culture shock, acculturation, self-esteem)
• Study abroad, learning/teaching styles, class participation
• Globalization, internationalization, cultural influences
• International student retention, admissions, transfer, support systems
• Higher educational policies of sending and hosting countries
• Immigration issues and visa policies related to international students
• College culture (classroom expectations, academic integrity)
• Multiculturalism, diversity, hybridity, and diaspora
Publish With Us
JIS is targeted at publishing the most influential research on international students in the world to a multidisciplinary audience:
• High ranking: Rigorous peer review of your research in a top-ranked journal in international education and a top-ranked journal in Higher Education.
• World-wide representation: More than 300 scholars based in 45+ countries have submitted and published articles in the journal. More than half of our articles include authors from Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, and South America.
• Prompt publishing: We provide decisions within 90 days from new manuscript submission and publish accepted manuscripts online within 120 days after acceptance.
• Global exposure: The combination of ranking, open-access, and indexing in all major academic databases increases the discoverability and citation of your work.