Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission represents an original work that has not been published elsewhere nor submitted to another journal for publication;
- The submission indicates that the Institutional Review Board (IRB) human subjects approval was secured, or explain why it was not required;
- The submission includes a definition of an international student as defined by its government or institution;
- The submission cites current theoretical and empirically-based literature, including relevant articles published in the Journal of International Students;
- The submission reports sample size, population, confidence interval, and effect size, if applicable;
- The submission is written in language that is engaging, lively, and direct, using active voice whenever possible;
- The submission includes tables and figures as separate files, if applicable;
- The submission adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines; and
- All identifying information has been removed from the submission, including cover page.
All published articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 4.0 Unported License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.