Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The final chapter will be formatted in the Chapter Template.docx submission template (link below)
- The final chapter will be 5,000 words including references.
- The submission includes up to 150 word abstract and 5-7 keywords.
- The submission indicates that the Institutional Review Board (IRB) human subjects approval was secured, or explains why it was not required;
- The submission adheres to APA 7th stylistic and bibliographic requirements.
- The submission includes a short bio at the end of the document.
- All text, figures or tables reproduced from another publication include acknowledgment of the source and permission clearance from the copyright holder.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration elsewhere.
Intersectional Identities (reviewing full chapters)
Authors must have abstracts which have been already previously approved by Guest Editors (Charles Mathies and Katie Koo) in order to make a submission to this book.
2021 STAR Global Conference (accepting full manuscripts)
The 2021 STAR Global Conference is a refereed academic conference hosted by the the Society of Transnational Academic Researchers (STAR). Conference proceedings with abstracts of all presentations will be published.
Participants with accepted proposals have the option to submit a full paper by 1 November 2021 to be considered for publication. The paper must be an original work that has not been published or submitted elsewhere. It must be 4,500-7,500 words all-inclusive of article text, references, tables, and figures; and it must adhere to APA 7 stylistic and bibliographic requirements. Any paper that does not meet these requirements will not be considered.
Papers will undergo initial review in accordance with the review guidelines of respective publications. Authors of select papers may be invited to publish their paper in special issues of the journals or books published by the Society of Transnational Academic Researchers (STAR). Authors may accept or decline the publication opportunity specified in the invitation. Revisions may be required prior to publication, and some papers may undergo further peer review in accordance with the policies of the publication.
COVID-19 and Global Higher Education (Completed)
Online teaching and learning in higher education during COVID-19: International perspectives and experiences
International Student Mobility in the Middle East (Completed)
International Student Mobility to and from the Middle East: Theorizing Public, Institutional, and Self-Constructions of Cross-Border Students
Edited by Aneta Hayes & Sally Findlow
The names and email addresses entered in this site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this book series and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.