Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Submission is 1,200 words or less (not including references).
- Submission is one of the three types of publication that the journal accepts (Research Brief, Practitioner Brief, Critical Voices).
The CISR editorial board acknowledges that English is a global language with multiple varieties. In the editorial process, we aim to respect the variety of English that authors wish to use, regardless of the author’s first language. To this end, in the submission process, we ask authors to indicate the approach to editing that they would like for us to use. With your submission, please note in Comments to the Editor one of the following three options:
- Language: In this approach, we focus editing on grammar, vocabulary use, punctuation, typographical errors, etc.
- Style: In this approach, we focus editing on the way authors explain their ideas and arguments in writing, particularly areas where style may get in the way of communicating authors’ intended meaning.
- Both language and style: All of the above
Africa Special Issue
Please use this section only for submissions to our special issue on critical internationalization in Africa.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.