Call for Guest Editors & Special Issue Topics
The Journal of Trauma Studies in Education (JTSE) is seeking proposals from educational scholars and/or practitioners interested in serving as guest editor(s) for a special issue of JTSE to be published in Fall 2022 and Fall 2023. Special issues focus on a specific topic of broad interest within the realm of trauma in Pre K-12 and postsecondary education.
The guest editor will collaborate with the Associate Editor for Special Issues, whose role is to oversee and manage the editorial procedure for such issues. Duties of guest editors include:
- Developing a call for papers
- Soliciting submissions and invited papers in collaboration with the Associate Editor
- Selecting papers for the issue on the basis of the peer review
- Adding review comments alongside the JTSE editorial team
- Editing accepted manuscripts
- Writing an introduction to the special issue.
Individuals interested in proposing a theme for a Special Issue and serving as guest editor should prepare a single document with the following information:
- Detailed proposal of no more than 1000 words that explains the topic of the special issue, including the guest editor’s expertise in the subject, ideas for potential articles and/or authors from whom articles may be solicited, and how this topic is relevant and/or interesting to the JTSE audience
- A draft call for papers (one page)
- A resume or CV
Submissions should be sent to Dr. Valerie Glassman, Associate Editor for Special Issues, at email@example.com with the subject line: JTSE Special Issues Proposal no later than September 30, 2021.